When it comes to flooring options, most people opt for tiles, timber boards or carpet. However if you are after a really unique look for your space, why not go for concrete flooring? It will give your space the wow factor it needs and add a touch of glamour to any property.
The top trends when it comes to concrete flooring Melbourne are as below:
This is probably one of the easiest ways to completely change the overall look of your property. Concrete overlays work by improving on the appearance of the existing concrete floors using special polymer coatings. They are available in a wide range of colours and designs to ensure a custom finish.
Another method for upgrading your existing concrete floor is polished concrete. Specialised products are used to create a highly waxed surface. The effect of this type of flooring can be further enhanced through use of various shades.
Are you after a classic and elegant look in concrete flooring? Then acid stained concrete is the right choice for you. They can be used on existing concrete floors so you don’t have to go through the hassle of completely removing and reinstalling the floor again. The stains are an interesting combination of water, acid and metallic salts that can be customised in different shades. The end result is natural and can be a combination of any shade and pattern.
Another popular trend in concrete flooring is the stamped concrete. It can be used both indoors and outdoors and is often used to create effects like wood grain, brick and natural stone. Commonly used in areas such as kitchen, bathrooms, pool areas and patios. This flooring works best when in single colour so the stamped pattern is more prominent in the result.
So there you have it! Why not incorporate one of these stunning concrete looks in your property for a completely different but bold look that will have your guests completely in awe.
How to clean concrete flooring:
- Gather your cleaning essentials like
- Broom/ duster or vacuum to pick up loose dirt.
- Dish soap and water to remove stains.
- Corn-starch for removing grease stains
- Bleach or ammonia.
- Move furniture out of the way to facilitate ease of cleaning.
- Sweep and clean the floor. Alternatively use a powerful vacuum.
- Clean stains according to the type and use appropriate liquids or cleaners.
- If stain is deep or very strong, use concentrated cleaner or leave on the stain for longer periods prior to scrubbing.
- Mop floor and dry thoroughly.
- Clean spills or stains immediately
- Seal the floor to protect it from all kinds of damage.
- Wax the floor so it protects the floor from dirt, stains and even extends the life of the sealant.
By following the above tips and tricks, you can now have concrete flooring in your new property. As it is a lot expensive compared to tile or timber flooring, you have to ensure you take the proper steps to protect it and extend it lifetime so you won’t have to spend extra on repairing or cleaning up serious damages.